Followers

Thursday, July 28, 2011

365 Cards - Day 150 - Thursday Background Challenge

The challenge for Day 150 at 365 Cards is to do either wet or dry embossing for the background of our card. The last time I made a card with wet embossing, I burnt a hole in the back of my sofa! So that isn't going to happen...For my card I chose a Cuddlebug folder with a lot of words describing a special someone. I decided to keep my card front simple by devoting most of it to the background so as not to cover up the words. For my focal image, I chose this beautiful girl from Stampington and Company, matted in red and embellished with a few chrome liquid pearls. To finish off the card, I wrapped some baker's twine in red and white around the bottom. This card front will eventually be added to a larger card front in a textured white as I prefer a larger card than I can make with my embossing folders. Hope to join the challenge tomorrow. See you then!

2 comments:

Birgit said...

The card is beautiful. I love the cuddlebug and I love that blue backgound you did. Have to say I did giggle at the hole in sofa error. At least your fingers were safe:)

wendipooh13 said...

love your background here and the dark blue!!!!! it really pops!!!