Followers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

365 Cards - Day 170 - Vintage plus Blue

I have missed joining the challenges at 365 Cards this past week. For Day 170, the challenge is to make a vintage card with a dominate blue color. I am away from home, with just a small stash of cardmaking supplies with me, but want desperately to be a part of this challene. I started with a white card base, added a blue mat, and then trimmed a piece of designer paper with a vintage cabana, beach chair and 1946 postage stamp and added it to the card. I stamped a beautiful sentiment and sea shells from the Beyond the Sea plate by Artistic Outpost and added them to the card front along with some chrome liquid pearls. Hope everyone is having a great week. Yvonne


5 comments:

Terry said...

Amazing creation! I can't believe you have a limited supply of crafting goods! Love your take on this challenge!

Miia said...

Thank you Yvonne for your comment! I didn't think that anyone else than Finnish readers would read my blog, so I don't write the posts in English. The book I made was for addresses, because I always forgot the addresses of my friends and relatives. The picture on the cover was from a Finnish magazine from year 1931!

I like your blog too, looks great!

Judie said...

Great card, considering your limited supplies, you turned out an awesome card.
Thanks for dropping my blog and leaving a nice comment.
PS my image is a freebie by Elizabeth Dulemba, you can find her on the side bar of Free Digital Stamps, every Tuesday.

Judie

Karen said...

Great beach collage ~ I love vintage postage too!

Kim Mc said...

Fabulous, Yvonne! Love the vintagey beach card! Thanks so much in playing in the Vintage + Blue challenge at 365 Cards! Good luck in the drawing!
Aloha, Kim Mc
365 Cards DT