Followers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

365 Cards - Day 191 - So Not Me!

The challenge over at 365 Cards for Day 191 is "So Not Me!" Specifically, the challenge is to make a card using a style that we are NOT comfortable with. That's easy for me. Vintage is not my forte. I love to look at other artists who do vintage well, but I feel like I have a long way to go. And so my card above! I just got this stamp and sentiment from Crafty Individuals and thought they would be perfect for my card. The scraps of French text and the illustration are from a vintage book. The seam binding and German Scrap art completes the card. I'll be sending this card off to a dear friend who recently retired and who took me out for lunch today for my birthday, which occurs later this week. She loves pink so I hope she likes it. Thanks for stopping by. Yvonne

3 comments:

Sharanda said...

Awww, that's cute! I think you did a great job! I've often thought the same thing as I browsed the projects of vintage card makers. I would like to eventually try my hand at it, but I haven't quite tackled it yet...but you've done well!

Meggymay said...

I think your friend will love this beautiful card, it will bring happy childhood memories to mind I'm sure. Yvonne x

Kim Mc said...

Simply beautiful, Yvonne! This may not be your usual style but your creation is perfect! Thanks for playing in the 365 Cards "So Not Me" challenge. I hope to see your creations again!
Aloha, Kim Mc
365 Cards DT