Followers

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dreaming of a White Christmas

Greetings everyone! Well here we are again, looking at a brand new challenge, Challenge # 9, at Fashionable Stamping Challenge! The theme this time is "Dreaming of a White Christmas." Before I chat about my card, though, let me welcome Paula, the latest Fashionette to join the catwalk at FSC! Her card for the challenge reflects her exquisite style. You will love looking at her and the other designers creations and I know you will be inspired to enter your own creation. When we decided to go with Dreaming of a White Christmas my thoughts immediately went to this plate of stamps called Sleigh Ride by Artistic Outpost. I have only recently, and very tentatively done any heat embossing due to putting a nasty hole in my sofa years ago. I really wanted to my card to sparkle though, and so I pulled out pigment ink (I could only find Pink) and a white/silver embossing powder and embossed away! Unfortunately, even though I got advise on how to photograph to show sparkle, the weather did not cooperate and I apologize that the sparkle is not really displaying. I do love the sentiment's font. It seems so fitting and vintage. Embellishments are simple some pink pearls, pompom lace, baker's twine and glitter gems. Can't wait to see what each of you come up with. See FSC for the prize one of you will earn and of course, please remember, no Digis allowed, and we must be able to see your stamping. Here in the U.S., we are gearing up for Thanksgiving. I hope wherever you are, you are enjoying the weekend. Best, Yvonne

12 comments:

Terry said...

So pretty in pink is this Christmas card! Love the touches of bling and the sweet little trim! So cute are those little girls! Wonderful!

Claire said...

Beautiful card Yvonne, so delicate and pretty with those lovely colours. I really srtuggle with photos too, its so frustrating isn't it
Claire xx

Ink Art Designs said...

this really is such an innocent and xmassy card to make! You just can't beat children singing carols. A really gorgeous card Von.
Dot x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Yvonne, that's a lovely image, great use of the ribbon and string.

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne
This card exudes a sense of warmth due to the nostalgic image - when times seemed gentler.
Beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Brenda Brown said...

A perfect winter wonderland of a card Yvonne. Fabulous images and a great Christmassy scene.
Enjoy your Sunday.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous nostalgic vintage card.
Yvonne x

Ephemera said...

Beautiful card, and the stamping is superb and very elegant and love the pink embossing. Sorry but you made me giggle about the hole in the sofa though. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving, my Sister and BIL have just been and bought their turkey. XX

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful and delicate, lovely, lovely card, hun! Hugs, Joanna xx

Fliss said...

A beautiful card Yvonne. Love the soft colours and the pretty background. The image is lovely too.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Mynn xx said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the vintage feeling of this!!! And the subtle red is beautiful!!! :)

Shirl said...

They look absolutely adorable Yvonne and such a lovely background you have created.

Hugs Shirley x x