Followers

Friday, April 20, 2012

Study in Red and Black



This post is for the new challenge over at Blogger's Challenge. This time around, we are working from the sketch above. I recently was gifted with a package of wine labels from a new and precious friend, who is a fellow blogger and card artist. My card is made using one of these beautiful French wine labels. I also stamped a new stamp image I acquired recently from Recollections on beautiful cream colored watercolor paper with Barn Red Distress Ink. The stamped image, wine label and background paper were all matted with black paper for definition. Scalloped edge oyster colored lace, a bit of black and gold ribbon and a button I picked up earlier today complete my card. For a change of pace, I photographed my card by our gold fish pond. My poor fish could not understand why mommy wasn't feeding them! (I took their food out with me and fed them just after finishing my picture taking.) I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Best, Yvonne

9 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous layers and lovely label.
Take care.
hugs {brenda} xox

Suzanne C said...

I was going to say I recognized that wine label. Jacqueline is the best! Beautiful use of the label and fabulous card!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Love your use of the wine lable. That reminds me on the lables still in my stuff ;) Beautiful card.

C said...

Wine labels are new to me...I have to check that out...awesome card.

Mrs.B said...

Just catching up Yvonne, and this is a fabulous card. Love the idea of the Wine Labels, and a beautiful image as well.
Avril xx

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty and elegant, Yvonne! You did a wonderful job with the sketch! :D

Jacqueline said...

Lovely to see you made such a gorgeous card with the wine label!!

Lori said...

This is lovely! The wine label looks great on your card and is a perfect fit for the layout.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Fab use of the added wine label, love your embellies! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!