Followers

Monday, October 1, 2012

Howdy Partner!

Thanks for dropping by!  This card was created for the newest challenge over at Our Creative Corner.  This week, the theme is "It's a Howdy Challenge."  We are to create a country or western project based on this beautiful country-inspired photograph.  In addition, we are to make sure to include plaid, check or tartan in some way.  
For my card, I chose this image of a lady on a horse by Stamp Francisco and layered her over plaid designer paper.  The sentiment by Stampa Rosa was stamped on corrugated cardboard. The star is by Oxford Impressions.  Embellishments include tartan plaid braided ribbon, copper Liquid Pearls, and Idea-ology binder clip, vintage lace, a snippet of burlap and some vintage buttons that pull out the colors of the plaid background paper.  What a fun challenge! I'm planning to send this card to my best girlfriend, who recently broke her ankle.  She's a horsewoman and I'm sure she is hopeful she will be able to ride again soon.  Thanks again for all your visits. Best wishes, Yvonne

6 comments:

Julia S-W said...

I love how you've used the photograph as the inspirationg here - your interpretation is wonderful! I don't suppose I'd ever have to do a cowboy theme (we don't have many in the UK!) but if I did, I would want it to look like this! I really love the plaid background and ribbon you've used and such great texture here Yvonne. Gorgeous.
Juliaxx

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous interpretation of the theme Yvonne. I love it.
hugs {brenda} xox

Anonymous said...

Great use of the photograph.
Love all the elements you brought together on your card Yvonne. Really fabulous.
Wishes
Lynne

MarcyK924 said...

WOW, outstanding interpretation of the inspiration photo! Your rustic elements are PERFECTLY placed, and then that little touch of feminine lace at the top! LOVE your sentiment! Thanks SO much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner and look forward to you rockin' it out again with us! Hugs, Marcy

Maria said...

This is gorgeous Yvonne, I love your take on the Howdy theme. Your friend will love this!

Maria xxxxx

Lili said...

Gorgeous card Yvonne! Love how you put all the elements together. I am sure your girlfriend will love that card. Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!