Followers

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Over the Rainbow

Happy Tuesday everyone!  This is a short post for the current challenge over at Tuesday Alchemy, where this time around the theme is Anything Goes.  My granddaughter was in a talent show this past weekend and sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."  Even though I had a card to give her afterwards, once I saw what she was singing, I just had to rush home and make her a more suitable card to celebrate her accomplishment.  I cannot even begin to imagine to singing all the choruses of this song in front of an auditorium of approximately 1000 people.  The image and sentiment are from The Stampsmith.  I decided to watercolor Dorothy with Distress Markers to accentuate her.  Rather than a yellow brick road this time, I die cut some yellow card stock.  The gingham panel reminded me of Dorothy's dress in the movie.  Thanks so much for dropping by today.  A huge shout out to my recent new followers.  I cannot seem to find my way to contact you directly, but I truly appreciate your support.  I hope everyone is having a good day.  Hugs, Yvonne

No comments: