Followers

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Happy Anniversary!


My husband and I are celebrating our 12th Anniversary today at our condo at the beach.  He surprised me with a beautiful vase of pink tulips and carnations and red roses and bottle of French Champagne which we will enjoy with dear friends who are joining us for the latter part of the weekend.  Above is the card I made for  my husband.  It is difficult to see, but the card base was stenciled with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  The bee image is by Gecko Galz and the focal image is by Art Declassified, as is the sentiment.  Embellishments include some tissue tape, a scrap of white burlap, a chipboard heart painted with Tarnished Brass Distress Paint, a vintage button, a snippet of seam binding and liquid pearls.  I am so blessed to have a partner with whom to share my life, and loves me.  As some of you know, my husband has been battling a very serious cancer since just after we were married.  He was initially given less than six months to live and this July it will be 10 years.  We are thankful for every day we have together and know that all the prayers throughout the years have been heard above.  Thank you for your continued prayers.  Hoping you are having a great weekend, too.  Hugs, Yvonne

4 comments:

Darlene said...

congrats on your anniversary !! enjoy every moment...and more... wonderful card you have made (is that a pic of you two???)

darlene

Words and Pictures said...

Well, that's certainly an anniversary worthy of celebration... I wish you both joy in every moment of it, and many more, in defiance of that initial time-bomb.

I love the card - delicious elements brought together with love!
Alison x

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!
I hope you have a lovely time!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Happy belated Anniversary - your card looks wonderful.