Followers

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Jump for Joy!

Greetings!  It's Saturday, and the Pink Team's turn over at Eclectic Ellapu for a new challenge.  This time, we are asked to create a project around summer and sunshine.  
I chose to work with this beautiful set of images from Crafty Individuals.  As soon as I saw this set, I was drawn to it.  I love the beach, and the young ladies just embody that free spirit you have for a day at the beach.  
I began by smooshing Bundled Sage, Broken China, Salty Ocean, Peeled Paint and Burnished Brass Distress Paints on my Craft Pad and spritzing with water.  I dragged my card stock through it and spritzed more water until I was satisfied with the marbling.  The edges were distressed and torn and the then mounted to a blue mat and the card base.  The images were stamped with Timber Brown StazOn Ink and adhered to Crunchy Wax Paper by Paper Artsy using Kraft Photo Corners.  I lightly water colored the images with Distress Markers.  I decided to add the white ribbon along the bottom as the stars added sparkle and reminded me a bit of star fish.  I added some cheese cloth to the card front, bits of burlap string and some metal sea charms.  Can you smell the salt air?!  I sure hope you will check out the rest of the Design Teams projects and then share your own with us.  I am also submitting this card to the current Sea, Sun and Beach challenge at Crafty Individuals.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Best, Yvonne

14 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Oh lovely, the images are perfect for the theme, and I love your gentle blues and greens. Wonderful fishing net too...
Alison x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Your work is so so amazing hun. I am so pleased I chose you to be on the team. I also love the circus creation too. So talented xx

nefertiti said...

Wonderful background and lovely summer project!!! bizz

Jean Hardy said...

I love the background you have created here - loving the swooshing technique myself at the moment. Definitely smells of the seaside and thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge. Jean x

Netty said...

loving your gentle shades of blues and greens. Annette x

Scrapmate said...

You're right that image is so evocative of the freedom you feel in your youth in the summer. I love all the little elements in this card.

Claire Dale said...

Wow! Stunning, it really draws your eye!
Claire xx

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Lovely! The smooshing of those lovely beachy colours looks gorgeous and the images work perfectly :)

Brenda Brown said...

This is fabulous Yvonne, I love those images too and the colours are perfect. Thanks for sharing at CI this month.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Cocofolies said...

Very lovely card Yvonne !! and I love the stamps you used... so joyful ! I think I should put them on my wishlist !! :) Coco x

Patricia said...

Beautiful card. I love the images and the background.

Daniele said...

such a lovely card love the gold embellishment so glad you joined us at Crafty Individuals
hugs

Maggie said...

Lovely card of the seaside, I have used this set too loved it at first sight too!

MaggieH

Rosie said...

Wow, a gorgeous card.