Followers

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Play Ball!


Greetings! A huge welcome to all my newest followers.  A a warm thank you to all my longterm, loyal followers, as well.  It is time again for the Pink Team over at Eclectic Ellapu to step up and our challenge this time around is to create a project  "For A Boy."  I immediately thought of a new to me set of stamps from Crafty Secrets to use for my own project.  Although I have heard of Crafty Secrets over the years, I did not pay attention until I saw a beautiful card recently using some of their images and went over to explore.  I was sad to learn that they are phasing out their stamp images and converting to digital images.  Although I am learning to use digital images, there is just something about physical stamps for me. So, I scooped up a few of my favorites. For my own card, I stenciled the Stars and Stripes stencils by Tim Holtz in Salty Ocean and Fired Brick on a piece of card stock. The focal images, bat, mitt and glove and All Star image were stamped on scrap card stock, water colored with Distress Markers and trimmed and adhered to the prepared panel, which was matted with black and red paper and attached to a white card base.  A bit of red and white baker's twine and some black Liquid Pearls complete my card.  I hope you will pop over to Eclectic Ellapu and take a look at the beautiful design team inspiration pieces and then be inspired to join in the challenge. Thanks so much for stopping by!   Best wishes, Yvonne

8 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

A delightful card and just so perfect for a little boy...love the images and layout...fabulous...x

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne, wow...love the boy image with his hero on a card! Just a real fun type of card!!!
Dot x

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne, wow...love the boy image with his hero on a card! Just a real fun type of card!!!
Dot x

Brenda Brown said...

Love the stars as stripes background and great images layered over the top.
hugs {brenda} x0x

purplecinn said...

Brilliant boy card! Love it :) I will have to go check out crafty secrets now as I love some of their stamps too!

Pia S said...

I LOVE this card, Yvonne, what a great retro look! It's such a great choice of theme for a boy's card. I think of baseball as an all American sport, and therefore I find your choice of papers SO perfect for this card!

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne fab card , love the stenciled background and layout x

Peanut said...

Stunning card, teamie! Love the retro look. Great job inking up the edges. LOVE it!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts