Followers

Saturday, December 28, 2013

You May Say I'm A Dreamer....


Greetings dear friends!  I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends.  This year sure went fast! Already it is time for the final challenge of 2013 over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.  This time around, we have a color challenge for you!  The colors are:  Chocolate, Raspberry and Cream!  Our sponsor at FSC is FlonzCraft and one lucky participant will win a $20 Gift Voucher!  For my own card, the focal stamps are from FlonzCraft.  My two oldest grandchildren both take piano lessons, so when I saw these images, I knew I wanted to acquire and use them. The images around the edges are complimentary stamps from Crafty Individuals.  The sentiment is from Artistic Outpost.  I cannot read this sentiment without hearing the lyrics in my head!  Inks used include Gathered Twig and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks.  The paper doily was painted with more Picked Raspberry Distress Paint.  Lace, trim, paper flowers and a seam binding bow complete my card.  I hope you will pop on over to FSC and see what the rest of the Design Team have dreamed up to inspire you and then I hope you, in turn, will inspire us with a project of your own.  Please take care and I hope you will stop back in a few days when I post my favorite projects for 2013 and share a photo of my grandchildren from Christmas!  Hugs, Yvonne


13 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I love the lace accents.

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful card Yvonne, lovely images and background stamping.
Wishing you a new year filled with joy and happiness.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous card Yvonne, love the images you've used, and a lovely background.
Hope you have a wonderful New Year.
Avril x

Crafty Judith said...

fabby card hun love it xxx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous make. Hope you had a wonderful Xmas & have a happy new year x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card with such beautiful stamping, I love this colour palette, its stunning. Hope you've had a lovely Christmas and all the best for the New Year
Claire xx

Pia S said...

Love how you used the colors of the challenge to create this beautiful musical scene. A lovely vintage design!,

Astrid Maclean said...

A wonderful card for a great colour combination! Those stamps are so lovely and you have used them so well! This is put together just perfectly, - love it!

Dagmar said...

oh it´s such a wonderful and lovely vintage Card!

Sandy said...

Wonderful! I do love your card. It reminds me of my daughter when she was growing up and taking piano lessons. Bravo!!
Sandy

Kay Wallace said...

Love your vintage card, Yvonne...as it brings "vintage" memories back to me of piano lessons as a youngster! Just lovely!

Words and Pictures said...

Such lovely vintage images, and great use of the colours for a great card!
Hope you're enjoying your Christmas time, and wishing you a wonderful 2014!
Alison xx

Shirley said...

Thank you for such a delicious colour challenge Yvonne. Such a pretty card to start the catwalk journey.

Hope 2014 brings everything you and your family could wish for.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x