Followers

Saturday, January 31, 2015

True Love

 
Greetings! Thank you, as always for stopping by my blog.  I have several posts today for different Design Teams I am on, so thank you for your patience.  My card above is for the new theme for the Pink Team over at Eclectic Ellapu.  We have been on hiatus over the holidays and are back again, now!  Our first theme is Burgandy/Red and Cream.  For my card, I chose this image from Gecko Galz from the Pretty Victorian collection.  I generally do my backgrounds on smooth white card, but wanted to hold true to the cream so I grabbed a piece of water color paper instead that was much creamier in color.  I decided to mist the paper lightly with water and then sprinkled on some Red Dylusions Ink Spray and spritzed more water.  To add some burgundy, I next sprayed some Aged Mahogany Distressed Spray Stain.  The image of the girl was layered over the background. The sentiments by Red Lead Paperworks were stamped and trimmed and distressed with Antique Linen Distress Ink to make them more of a cream color.  The flower trim and hearts and ribbon complete my card. I hope you will stop over to EE to see the huge offering of inspiration by the Design Team and then consider sharing one of your own creations with us.  Best, Yvonne

5 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

WOW, stunning, gorgeousness all in one place. Love your image and the techniques you used are well worth the effort hun. Just so dreamy. I am so pleased you still want to be with us as an eclectic girlie - long may it last. Hugz xx

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Yvonne, love all the details you've added. Carol x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Yvonne x

Shirley said...

The only thing I can think of to say is "WOW" Yvonne I love it x x

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Unknown said...

Love this card, Yvonne!! It's so vibrant and romantic and I love those fabric flowers! The Gecko Galz image is just lovely--you've created the most gorgeous background for her :) Lovely EE inspiration make!! XOXO-Shari