Followers

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Be Strong, Be Brave

 
 
Greetings and thank you for stopping by.  Today, I am sharing with you a card that I made for the new challenge over at Inkspirational where this time our theme is "Recipe."  We are to use at least 3 of the 4:  Embossing, Distressing, Flowers and Pearls. In the end, I ended up using all four on my project!  I hope you will pop on over to see what the rest of the Design Team has dreamed up for you and then submit a project of your own. 
 
For my  own piece, I began with a piece of hot press water color paper, which I distressed with a Tim Holtz distressing tool. I painted it with a beautiful shade of turquoise water colors, then spritzed and dripped more of the same onto the panel.  The flowers by Donna Downey for Unity were stamped on more water color paper and water colored and highlighted with a black and white ink pen.  The stems were free handed and water colored, as well.  The stamens in the flowers are Black Viva Décor Liquid Pearls.  To complete my card, I embossed with Black Embossing Paste, by Wendy Vecchi, through a stencil by Red Lead Paperworks.
 
Looking forward to seeing what you dream up! Best, Yvonne


7 comments:

sandie said...

I love this Yvonne it is so striking-gorgeous colours and some freehand! The sentiment placed at the edges really is a powerful look x

cm said...

Work of art, Yvonne! The blue background is a perfect canvas to showcase the pretty red poppies, and your placement of the sentiments is ever so eye-catching! Gorgeous!
Hugs~c

Amanda said...

Love this Yvonne the red of the poppies against your background colour looks fabulous
Love
Amanda x

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Yvonne,
Love your Poppy Card, it has a wonderful Palette that has movement and pop.
Smiles:)
Sue

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Yvonne,
Love your Poppy Card, it has a wonderful Palette that has movement and pop.
Smiles:)
Sue

Marina said...

Love the bold red and black look and what a lot of work went into making those beautiful poppies!

Marina said...

Love the bold red and black look and what a lot of work went into making those beautiful poppies!